Past - Passive Voice
You are going to Learn:
- Before you go to towards Past indefinite Passive Voice First you must have the basic understanding of Past Tense and Passive Voice Past Indefinite
- If you know what Past indefinite is then you can continure learning Past Passive
- If not then i suggest you to go Past Indefinite Tense First
- Now I assume you know Past indefinite
- As you know In Past Indefinite The Structure Is - "Subject + V2foam + object"
- In Passive Voice The Subject comes at last
- And Object Comes First Therefore the Structure of Is
Object + Was / Were + 3rdVerb
Means (This is the Subject of Passive) Like I , We , They , Or Any Name "Naveed"
Was / Were - [Helping Verbs]:
- Was = Was is a helping verb - We use Was With Singular Ex: He, She, it or any Singular Name
- Were = Were is also a helping verb We use Were With plural Ex:We, They or any plural Name
"A Word Which Shows An Action Is Called Verb" - Ex:
(Dance , Read , Listen , do)
I Cooked Food - Normal Past
Steps To Make:
- First we take the object which in this case is foodFood ...
- Then we use helping verbs For this tense we have two (Was / Were)
so because food is single therefore (Was) we will use Food was ...
- Verb will come which in this sentence is - (Cook) - (Cooked)
Food Was Cooked - Complete !!!
|Normal Past Examples ||Past Passive Voice |
|1 - I Wrote a letter ---> ||A letter was written by me |
|2 - He cooked Food ---> ||Food was cooked by me |
|3 - They Played football ---> ||Football was played by them |
|4 - She made cake ---> ||Cake was made by her |
|5 - He learnt English ---> ||English was learnt by him |